Publications @ the Saelens Group
- Schepens, B. et al. Protection and mechanism of action of a novel human respiratory syncytial virus vaccine candidate based on the extracellular domain of small hydrophobic protein. EMBO Mol Med 6, 1436–1454 (2014).
- Schotsaert, M. et al. Natural and long-lasting cellular immune responses against influenza in the M2e-immune host. Mucosal Immunology 6, 276–287 (2013).
- Verhelst, J. et al. Interferon-Inducible Protein Mx1 Inhibits Influenza Virus by Interfering with Functional Viral Ribonucleoprotein Complex Assembly. Journal of Virology 86, 13445–13455 (2012).
- Schepens, B. et al. Nanobodies® Specific for Respiratory Syncytial Virus Fusion Protein Protect Against Infection by Inhibition of Fusion. Journal of Infectious Diseases 204, 1692–1701 (2011).
- El Bakkouri, K. et al. Universal Vaccine Based on Ectodomain of Matrix Protein 2 of Influenza A: Fc Receptors and Alveolar Macrophages Mediate Protection. Journal of Immunology 186, 1022–1031 (2011).
- Intranodal administration of mRNA encoding nucleoprotein provides cross-strain immunity against influenza in mice.
- New antibody-based prevention and treatment options for influenza.
- Therapeutic anti-tumor immunity directed against neo-epitopes by intratumor delivery of mRNA encoding MLKL.
- Mx1 in hematopoietic cells protects against Thogotovirus infection.
- Super-resolution microscopy reveals significant impact of M2e-specific monoclonal antibodies on influenza A virus filament formation at the host cell surface.
- A Two-Amino Acid Mutation in Murine IgA Enables Downstream Processing and Purification on Staphylococcal Superantigen-Like Protein 7.
- Vaccination with influenza hemagglutinin-loaded ceramic nanoporous microneedle arrays induces protective immune responses.
- The Role of M2e in the Development of Universal Influenza Vaccines.
- Illumina MiSeq sequencing disfavours a sequence motif in the GFP reporter gene.
- Author Correction: A reassortant H9N2 influenza virus containing 2009 pandemic H1N1 internal-protein genes acquired enhanced pig-to-pig transmission after serial passages in swine.