Publications @ the Saelens Group
- Schepens, B. et al. Protection and mechanism of action of a novel human respiratory syncytial virus vaccine candidate based on the extracellular domain of small hydrophobic protein. EMBO Mol Med 6, 1436–1454 (2014).
- Schotsaert, M. et al. Natural and long-lasting cellular immune responses against influenza in the M2e-immune host. Mucosal Immunology 6, 276–287 (2013).
- Verhelst, J. et al. Interferon-Inducible Protein Mx1 Inhibits Influenza Virus by Interfering with Functional Viral Ribonucleoprotein Complex Assembly. Journal of Virology 86, 13445–13455 (2012).
- Schepens, B. et al. Nanobodies® Specific for Respiratory Syncytial Virus Fusion Protein Protect Against Infection by Inhibition of Fusion. Journal of Infectious Diseases 204, 1692–1701 (2011).
- El Bakkouri, K. et al. Universal Vaccine Based on Ectodomain of Matrix Protein 2 of Influenza A: Fc Receptors and Alveolar Macrophages Mediate Protection. Journal of Immunology 186, 1022–1031 (2011).
- Illumina MiSeq sequencing disfavours a sequence motif in the GFP reporter gene.
- Author Correction: A reassortant H9N2 influenza virus containing 2009 pandemic H1N1 internal-protein genes acquired enhanced pig-to-pig transmission after serial passages in swine.
- Species Specificity of Type III Interferon Activity and Development of a Sensitive Luciferase-Based Bioassay for Quantitation of Mouse Interferon-λ.
- Porous Nanoparticles With Self-Adjuvanting M2e-Fusion Protein and Recombinant Hemagglutinin Provide Strong and Broadly Protective Immunity Against Influenza Virus Infections.
- Passively transferred M2e-specific monoclonal antibody reduces influenza A virus transmission in mice.
- Treatment with mRNA coding for the necroptosis mediator MLKL induces antitumor immunity directed against neo-epitopes.
- Surfactant protein b (sp-b) enhances the cellular sirna delivery of proteolipid coated nanogels for inhalation therapy.
- Removal of the N-Glycosylation Sequon at Position N116 Located in p27 of the Respiratory Syncytial Virus Fusion Protein Elicits Enhanced Antibody Responses after DNA Immunization.
- Neutralization of Junín virus by single domain antibodies targeted against the nucleoprotein.
- Vaccine options for influenza: thinking small.