Publications @ the Callewaert Group
- Meuris, L. et al. GlycoDelete engineering of mammalian cells simplifies N-glycosylation of recombinant proteins. Nat. Biotechnol. 32, 485–489 (2014).
- Tiels, P. et al. A bacterial glycosidase enables mannose-6-phosphate modification and improved cellular uptake of yeast-produced recombinant human lysosomal enzymes. Nat. Biotechnol. 30, 1225-1231 (2012).
- Festjens, N. et al. Disruption of the SapM locus in Mycobacterium bovis BCG improves its protective efficacy as a vaccine against M. tuberculosis. EMBO Mol. Med. 3, 222–234 (2011).
- De Schutter, K. et al. Genome sequence of the recombinant protein production host Pichia pastoris. Nat. Biotechnol. 27, 561–566 (2009).
- Callewaert, N. et al. Noninvasive diagnosis of liver cirrhosis using DNA sequencer-based total serum protein glycomics. Nat. Med. 10, 429–434 (2004).
- A scalable low-cost cGMP process for clinical grade production of the HIV inhibitor 5P12-RANTES in Pichia pastoris.
- Modular Integrated Secretory System Engineering in Pichia pastoris To Enhance G-Protein Coupled Receptor Expression.
- Monitoring the patient response as an alternative to commercial negative quality control in infectious serology.
- A simple colorimetric assay for measuring fructosamine 3 kinase activity.
- Elucidation of the molecular mechanisms of two nanobodies that inhibit TAFI activation and TAFIa activity.
- Modular integrated secretory system engineering in Pichia pastoris to enhance G-protein coupled receptor expression.
- Long-Lasting Cross-Protection Against Influenza A by Neuraminidase and M2e-based immunization strategies.
- Synthetic biology for production of natural and new-to-nature terpenoids in photosynthetic organisms.
- Efficacy of a trans-sialidase-ISCOMATRIX subunit vaccine candidate to protect against experimental Chagas disease.
- Engineering yeast for producing human glycoproteins: where are we now?