Publications @ the Callewaert Group
- Meuris, L. et al. GlycoDelete engineering of mammalian cells simplifies N-glycosylation of recombinant proteins. Nat. Biotechnol. 32, 485–489 (2014).
- Tiels, P. et al. A bacterial glycosidase enables mannose-6-phosphate modification and improved cellular uptake of yeast-produced recombinant human lysosomal enzymes. Nat. Biotechnol. 30, 1225-1231 (2012).
- Festjens, N. et al. Disruption of the SapM locus in Mycobacterium bovis BCG improves its protective efficacy as a vaccine against M. tuberculosis. EMBO Mol. Med. 3, 222–234 (2011).
- De Schutter, K. et al. Genome sequence of the recombinant protein production host Pichia pastoris. Nat. Biotechnol. 27, 561–566 (2009).
- Callewaert, N. et al. Noninvasive diagnosis of liver cirrhosis using DNA sequencer-based total serum protein glycomics. Nat. Med. 10, 429–434 (2004).
- The generation and use of recombinant extracellular vesicles as biological reference material.
- Reference genome and comparative genome analysis for the WHO reference strain for Mycobacterium bovis BCG Danish, the present tuberculosis vaccine.
- SapM mutation to improve the BCG vaccine: Genomic, transcriptomic and preclinical safety characterization.
- Characterization of human recombinant N-acetylgalactosamine-6-sulfate sulfatase produced in Pichia pastoris as potential enzyme for Mucopolysaccharidosis IVA treatment.
- Yeast-secreted, dried and food-admixed monomeric IgA prevents gastrointestinal infection in a piglet model.
- N-Linked Glycosylation and Near-Infrared Spectroscopy in the Diagnosis of Prostate Cancer.
- Prostate Protein N-Glycosylation Profiling by Means of DNA Sequencer-Assisted Fluorophore-Assisted Carbohydrate Electrophoresis.
- Customized protein glycosylation to improve biopharmaceutical function and targeting.
- Engineering of Yeast Glycoprotein Expression.
- Mechanical strain determines the site-specific localization of inflammation and tissue damage in arthritis.